Thursday, August 11, 2011

Which would be worse to my evangelical relatives?

I'm visiting my conservative evangelical Christian relatives at Christmas. (My question mark key isn't working so bear with me here). The deal is they will probably find out at some point that I live with my boyfriend. I don't want to listen to their opinions of my lifestyle (which experience has taught me they are likely to express) but I also feel kind of sorry for them because I think they are genuinely distressed by the thought that I'm going to hell. My mom thought of a funny joke to say when they start talking about it which is to tell them we are just roommates because we are actually gay. Or I could tell them we secretly got married first. LOL. I'm not really going to lie or discuss it in any way with them but it made me wonder which of those options (living in a continuous non-married heteroual relationship or being gay but only intermittently ually active) would in theory be more upsetting to them. What do you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment